The Melissa Education Foundation provides access to numerous scholarship opportunities to each graduating class from the Melissa Independent School District. These scholarships are only made possible by the generous donations of individual donors, corporate donors, and donations from the foundation itself. Each application will give the student access to several scholarships depending on their intended major or college. Some scholarships may require an additional essay to be eligible.
** Will be adjusted as necessary based on school schedule changes due to COVID-19
IMPORTANT: It is recommended that you download the application to review/complete manually first. Once you begin the online application, you cannot save your work and go back.
You have the choice of final submission of the application:
Either way must be complete no later than 11:59pm on April 3, 2020.
You will submit Essays via mefscholars.com. However, it is advised that you write them in advance in another tool, such as Word or Note and copy/paste into the online form. You can begin writing the essays at any time.
Required Essay for all applications:
In 300-500 words please respond to the following question (max of 4000 characters):
- "What personal characteristics or experience do I have that will enable me to accomplish the goals I have set for myself in the next five years?"
- SCIENCE/STEM (if earning degree in science field, 300 words or less, max of 2200 characters):
"Why do you want to pursue a STEM/Science degree?"
- ENGINEERING (if earning degree in engineering field, 300 words or less, max of 2200 characters):
"Why do you want to pursue a degree in Engineering?"
- ROTARY (if earning degree in science field, 100 words or less, max of 600 characters):
"How have you demonstrated service above self?"
- MASONIC LODGE (only applicable if any family member is or has been a Mason, 100 words or less, max of 800 characters):
"What does patriotism mean to me?"
Additional Information for students planning to play a sport at a college or university:
- You will need to include documentation for each athletic financial aid with your MEF Scholarship Application. These may include any of the following: