One Application, Countless Opportunities.
The Melissa Education Foundation provides access to numerous scholarship opportunities to each graduating class from the Melissa Independent School District. These scholarships are only made possible by the generous donations of individual donors, corporate donors, and donations from the foundation itself. Each application will give the student access to several scholarships depending on their intended major or college. Some scholarships may require an additional essay to be eligible.
- Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 – Updated application documents are now available.
- Thursday, May 24th, 2018 @ 6:30 P.M. – The Melissa Education Foundation Senior Scholarship Ceremony
Scholarship Application Process
- One (1) Application Checklist should be printed and kept with the rest of your application documents. This form will provide you with all relevant instructions for completing your scholarship application as well as providing you with a convenient way to track your progress. This form does not need to be turned in with the application.
- One (1) Scholarship Application Form must be downloaded and completed. You may fill out the form electronically, complete it with a typewriter, or print it and legibly fill it out by hand. The completed application form must be turned into the counselor’s office along with all required essays for the scholarships you wish to apply for.
- Two (2) Teacher Evaluation Forms must be downloaded and printed. The student and the student’s parents must sign the form prior to turning the forms in to your teachers. The evaluation forms should be given to the two teachers of your choice. The teacher will return the form to the counselor’s office.
- One (1) Personal Letter of Recommendation should be requested from the person of your choice. Please note that you may not request a letter of recommendation from the following people: Melissa Education Foundation Staff or Board Members, Melissa ISD Superintendent, Relatives, or Current Teachers. The letter of recommendation should be mailed to: Melissa Education Foundation, Attn: Scholarship Application, 1904 Cooper St., Melissa, TX 75454.
- One (1) Essay must be typed and submitted along with your completed application. The essay should be 500 words or less and answer the following question: “What personal characteristics or experience do I have that will enable me to accomplish the goals I have set for myself in the next five years?” Additional essays may be required depending on which scholarship you intend to apply for, please check the Essay Requirements section for more details.
Download Application Forms
All Scholarship Documents (.zip): PDF Format
Student Scholarship Application: PDF Format
Application Checklist: PDF Format
Teacher Evaluation Form: PDF Format
Essays & Requirements
Required Essay (All applicants must submit this essay) – Please write an essay using 500 words or less to answer the following question: “What personal characteristics or experience do I have that will enable me to accomplish the goals I have set for myself in the next five years?”
Science Degree Scholarship – Please write an essay using 300 words or less to answer the following question: “Why STEM and Science is a degree you want to pursue?”
Engineering Scholarship – Please write an essay using 300 words or less to answer the following question: “Why do you want to pursue a degree in Engineering?”
Rotary Scholarship – Please write an essay using 100 words or less to answer the following question: “How have you demonstrated Service above Self?”
Masonic Lodge Scholarship – Please write an essay using 100 words or less to answer the following question: “What does patriotism mean to me?”
PTSO Scholarship – Please write an essay using 300 – 500 words to answer the following question: “What does Rachel’s Challenge mean to me?”
Melissa Christian Crafty Ladies ‘Trades Only’ Scholarship – This scholarship requires that the applicant pursue a trades skill that requires additional training, such as: tradesman, plumber, electrician, auto mechanic, welder, craftsman, builder, construction manager, cosmetologist, etc.