Encouraging Innovation, Empowering Dreams.
The Melissa Education Foundation “Star” Teaching Grants Program is designed to encourage, facilitate, recognize and reward innovative and creative instructional approaches, as well as enhance programs within the established curriculum. Any Melissa ISD staff members or teams who are actively involved in the instruction of students are eligible to apply for a grant. These grants are to be used on instructional approaches or projects for the current or upcoming school year. Individual grants of up to $1,000 are available for individual teacher projects, while grants of up to $5,000 are available at the department, campus, or district level. The number of awards available is dependent upon available funds from the Melissa Education Foundation.
Grant Selection Process
- Application forms may be obtained from your campus principal’s office, the Melissa Education Foundation office, or by downloading the form from this website.
- Grant applicants are strongly encouraged to visit with their district curriculum coordinators prior to writing a grant to ensure that their grant proposal ideas align with the district’s goals and objectives.
- Teacher/campus initiated applications must be reviewed by the campus principal for congruence with campus programs and signed by the principal, Executive Director of Curriculum and Instruction and Executive Director of Academic Leadership. If there is a technology component, the grant must be signed by the technology director.
- Signed applications are due to Kellie Maynard, Executive Director of the Melissa Education Foundation, at least 60 days prior to applicants conference and/or program launch.
- Applications will be reviewed and commented on by the Campus Principal, MEF Director and others as determined by the MEF Board of Directors.
- For each grant application submitted, the board shall make one of the following recommendations: (a) funded; (b) funded with conditions and/or modifications; (c) not funded; or (d) not funded with suggestions.
- Applicants will be notified of the decision within 30 days of the application deadline.